About Bridget Burleigh
Bridget graduated from the University of East London and has over 20 years experience working in the NHS, private health and high-performance sports industries as a Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapist. She supports both amateur and elite individuals from Academy to senior level, guiding their training and advising where necessary on how to prevent and treat sporting injuries. Bridget is particularly interested in rehabilitating patients be it from a recent fall, surgery or returning to full activity.
She aims to find the cause of pain and dysfunctions to enable an active lifestyle in all. She has a keen interest in Spinal and lower limb injuries, Paediatric sporting problems, biomechanics and movement screening.
Bridget believes in the diversity of sports and their global benefits to the body, mind and soul of good health. She demonstrates this herself as she is a keen Kite surfer, Squash player and Runner but also practices Pilates and Tai Chi during her spare time.
“I am committed to the cause of promoting an active lifestyle and wellbeing in all. I am passionate about sports and enabling all clients to achieve their goals, install good healthy routines and the prevention of injuries.”
Bridget’s particular areas of Focus
Bridget is experienced in working with a wide variety of sports teams at all levels and abilities. This experience ranges from working at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, The London 2012 Olympics Games with Taekwondo and Fencing and the European Championships, Azerbaijan 2014. She is currently part of the medical Team for England Hockey and British Judo.
Her specialist areas include:
- Sports / Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Running Injuries
- Spine injuries – neck, thoracic, lower back
- Shoulder, hip/groin, knee and ankle injuries
- Musculoskeletal / Occupational Injuries
- Post-surgery Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Chartered Physiotherapist – CSP
- Health and Care Professional Council – HCPC
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports and Exercise Medicine – ACPSEM
- Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists – AACP
- APPI Clinical Pilates Instructor
- Certified UKAD Advisor