Men’s Pelvic health physiotherapy
ABOUT MEN'S PELVIC HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY
Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is focused on assessing and treating conditions and concerns caused by pelvic health issues and pelvic floor dysfunction which currently affect up to 16% of men in the UK.
The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that provide support to the pelvic organs. If these muscles become too weak or too tight, they can contribute to pelvic floor dysfunction. Pelvic health concerns can affect men at any stage of their life and can have a profound effect on emotional well-being and physical ability as well as having an impact on self-confidence and quality of life. The challenges associated with pelvic health concerns span from discomfort and pain to urinary issues and sexual dysfunction, Physiotherapy can significantly improve symptoms, leading to a better overall quality of life.
Our Pelvic Health Physiotherapist will work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to achieve optimal outcomes and support you in addressing and managing your condition effectively.
CONDITIONS PELVIC HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY CAN HELP WITH
There are several concerns and conditions which can be helped with Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, these include:
· Overactive Bladder
· Urinary Incontinence
· Bowel Incontinence
· Pelvic Pain
· Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS)
· Post-Prostatectomy Rehabilitation
OUR APPROACH TO TREATMENT
Our Pelvic Health Physiotherapist takes a holistic approach in supporting you with managing your condition, and all treatment plans are individualised to each patient.
We conduct a thorough assessment of your health history, lifestyle, and physical condition to identify the underlying causes of pelvic health issue.
Following the assessment, we agree with you a personalised treatment plan which may include:
- Manual therapy, to address muscle tightness, joint mobility, and soft tissue restrictions.
- Pelvic floor exercises, to strengthen or relax the pelvic floor muscles, depending on the specific condition.
- Lifestyle recommendations such as fluid advice, constipation management and exercise guidance.
- Education and Support– we educate you on the anatomy of the pelvic region, the causes of your condition and how to effectively manage it. We offer ongoing support throughout the treatment process.
Thank you to Lara. She was extremely kind, helpful and knowledgeable. She made everything better! I feel much more confident and less worried. I would recommend her and The Forge Clinic. Thank you!